The Stylus SX235W features automatic Wi-Fi set-up, which means it will automatically find the relevant connection settings in order to configure itself, making configuring wireless printing easy. The automatic set-up is compatible with Windows 7 and Windows Vista users that are installing with the original driver CD supplied with the product.
The initial Wi-Fi set-up requires a separate USB cable for Windows XP users and/or when installing with the Epson network software & driver package available on the Epson website, the option for this installation method will replace the Wi-Fi Auto Connect option shown at Step 6 of the instructions below.
Make sure you have followed the 'Start Here' guide supplied with your product. When you have completed the initial setup, follow the steps below to install your product on Windows using the Epson software CD that came with your product.
- Read and agree to the Epson Software License Agreement and then click Next to continue.
- By default all programs are selected, tick Use Latest Version and then click Install to continue.
- If newer versions of software are available they will be downloaded.
- Choose Wi-Fi Network connection and then click Next to continue.
- Choose Yes : First time setup and click Next to continue.
- Choose Wi-Fi Auto Connect and then click Next to continue.
An alternative setup method is AOSS/WPS Setup. You can select this method if you have a WPS-compatible wireless router (access point), or AOSS-enabled Buffalo router. A USB cable is not required for this setup.
- To use this setup mode, select the AOSS/WPS option on-screen and follow the on-screen prompts. You will need to press the access point's corresponding button to set WPS/AOSS.
- To check if your wireless router supports WPS or AOSS, and to check the location of the button, please consult the documentation that came with your wireless router/access point.
- In some cases this will be a software setting for the router rather than a physical button.
- WPS mode can use either 'PIN Code' setup or 'Push Button' setup.
- This screen gives advice regarding firewalls, if you see a firewall or anti-virus/spyware warning appear on the screen, make sure that you add exceptions for the Epson software in your firewall settings.
For instructions on how to check and add exceptions for the Windows Firewall, refer to article: Networking: How to add exceptions to the Windows Firewall. For all other firewall applications, refer to your software's help documentation or contact the software vendor for support.
- The screen below gives instructions for continuing the Wi-Fi setup. Press and hold down the Wi-Fi button on the control panel until the Wi-Fi status lights flash alternately (approximately 3-6 seconds).
- The software will then send the Wi-Fi information to the printer.
- The screen below shows that computer driver settings are being setup, wait until this process is finished.
- You will now get confirmation that the setup is complete, click the Print Test Page button to print a test page or click the Finish button to continue.
- The installer now checks the product status for the last time, this screen closes automatically.
- The installation was completed successfully, click the Restart button or Finish button if you plan to restart later.
Back to Top