You can connect the document camera to a computer running Windows XP or later to capture and edit still images and video. In order to use the document camera with a Windows PC, you will need to install the bundled software.
Before installing the software, make sure that you close all programs that are currently running and that you install the software as a user with administrator rights.
Follow the instructions below to install the software on a Windows computer:
- Insert the supplied software CD-ROM into the the computer's CD drive.
- The installation screen for ArcSoft Application software for ELPDC06 will be presented.
If the installation screen does not appear, open My Computer (Windows XP) or Computer (Windows 7/Vista) and double-click on the CD-ROM icon.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, and when you see the license agreement, click Yes. Follow the instructions to install the software.
- When the installation complete screen appears, click Finish. ELPDC06 Button Manager must also be installed. Do not clear the check box.
- The installation program for ELPDC06 Button Manager appears. When you see the license agreement, click Yes. Follow the instructions to install the software.
- When you click Finish, the installation is complete and the ArcSoft Application software icon appears on the computer desktop.
If ELPDC06 Button Manager is not installed, the [+] [-] buttons cannot be used when the unit is connected to a computer.
- After installing the software, we recommend restarting the computer.
You can use the ArcSoft Application software shortcut icon to quickly open the ArcSoft application when you want to use the ELP DC-06 with the computer.
For more information on capturing and editing images, videos, and creating slideshows, please refer to the Help information within the ArcSoft Application software and your ELP DC-06 User's Guide. To view a PDF version of the guide, click here. The following Related Article is also available:
ELP DC-06 Visualiser: How do I use the ArcSoft Application software that comes with the document camera?
Before connecting the ELP DC-06 to the computer, make sure that you connect it directly and not via a USB hub or USB port in a keyboard or monitor. Also, make sure that no other types of imaging device are connected to the computer via USB at the same time as using the document camera. Otherwise, this could cause a conflict:
- digital camera
Uninstalling the software
To uninstall the software, open Control Panel. Open Add or Remove Programs (Windows XP) or Uninstall a program (or Programs and Features) (Windows 7/Vista).
- For Windows XP, highlight the ArcSoft Application software for ELPDC06 in the programs list and click Change/Remove and follow the on-screen prompts.
- For Windows 7/Vista, double-click on the ArcSoft Application software for ELPDC06 in the programs list and follow the on-screen prompts.
After uninstalling the software, we recommend restarting the computer.
Back to Top