Print true-to-life professional photos with the deepest blacks on the market
The SC-P800 allows photographers and artists to produce stunning A2 photos on a range of media
Epson announces the latest in its range of professional photo printers, the SureColor SC-P800. Ideal for professional photographers and artists, the printer produces superior-quality, true-to-life photos with smooth gradations and tones. This A2 model also comes with an optional roll paper unit, allowing photographers and artists to produce panoramic prints up to 1.1m long and 17” wide.
This professional printer creates long-lasting, high-quality photos to sell, exhibit or include within portfolios. The SC-P800 can also be used to produce a range of other high-quality documents including synopses, presentations and renderings.
The printer uses Ultrachrome HD ink, a new nine-colour ink-set, which was first used in the SC-P600 A3+ photo printer. The ink-set produces a large colour gamut and the deepest blacks on the market1, meaning users can print photos with a stunning range of accurate colours and dense blacks. Furthermore, the ink-set has improved lightfastness1, meaning prints will be more durable and will last even longer.
The SC-P800 is the successor to the hugely-successful Stylus Pro38xx Series of photo printers. This new model is the first and only A2 desktop printer on the market with a roll paper option2. This makes the printer ideal for photographers and artists wishing to easily print large panoramic photos on non-standard formats on a wide range of supported media such as canvas. This functionality along with the Epson Print Layout software allows the easy production of gallery wrap canvas prints.
The SC-P800 is very easy to use thanks to a range of additional features. It is the only product in the marketplace to feature a 2.7" colour touch panel3 to help users easily switch between printing on different medias and monitor the status of important print jobs.
Three paper paths, including a new front-loading fine art paper path, means hassle-free paper loading and easy switching between different media formats. The printer is supplied with 576ml of ink as standard also uses high capacity individual ink cartridges, making it ideal for large photo print runs resulting in a low cost per print.
A new modern design gives the SC-P800 a high-quality look and feel. It also has the smallest footprint of any A2 printer on the market2, meaning it fits well where space is an issue, at home or in the studio.
Advanced connectivity features gives the SC-P800 added flexibility. It is the first 17" A2 printer with Wi-Fi2 for easy wireless printing via Apple Airprint or Google Cloud print from around the home or studio. You can even print photos from your chosen device without a wireless connection thanks to Wi-Fi Direct connectivity.
The SC-P800 is available from June 2015 priced at RRP £974.18 inc. VAT (£811.82 without VAT)
- New 9-colour UltraChrome HD technology
- Exceptionally wide colour gamut and highest black density1 on the market (2.86 Dmax on PGPP) 1 2.86 Dmax on Premium Glossy Photo Paper. Compared against competitors’ A2 photo printers with a 6-colour or greater ink-set available as of January 2015
- Roll paper option for printing 2" and 3" core roll media up to 17" width (product is optional extra)
- Frontloading fine art paper path for easy loading of fine art media and rigid media
- Supports Epson Connect. Support for Apple AirPrint and Google Cloud Print
- Wi-Fi Direct for direct wireless printing from tablets, PCs and smartphones
- Large 2.7 inch colour touch panel for simple set-up and management
- Generous 80ml cartridge size ideal for large print runs of professional-quality photo prints
- Compact footprint - fits well where space is an issue, at home or in the studio
- New modern design for high-quality look and feel
- Ethernet, Wi-Fi and USB 2.0 connection
1 2.86 Dmax on Premium Glossy Photo Paper. Compared against competitors’ A2 photo printers with a 6-colour or greater ink-set available as of January 2015
2 Compared to Epson Ultrachome K3 ink. Lightfastness of Ultrachrome HD ink determined as approximately 60 years when tested in conditions based on JEITA CP‐3901A standard (A4 glossy paper, temperature 23°c and humidity 50%).
3 Compared against competitors’ A2 photo printers with a 6-colour or greater ink-set available as of January 2015