Following success of its cartridge-free printers, Epson launches next generation models
Latest EcoTank collection is easier to use, comes with three years’ worth* of ink and includes photo-printing models
Epson has launched the next generation of EcoTank printers, which significantly broadens the collection and features two major developments; a dedicated photo range with a 5-colour ink system (ET-7750, ET-7700), and a reconfigured design with a front ink tank and improved bottles for mess-free refills, featured across the photo range and latest models for busy homes, home offices and small offices (ET-4750, ET-3750, ET-3700, ET-2750, ET-2700). They’re now also supplied with three years’ worth of ink1.
Fabio Girotto, product manager, Epson Europe, says: “Our original EcoTank broke away from printing conventions; it came with a substantial quantity of ink and removed the need for cartridges thanks to an ultra-high-capacity tank fitted to the side. The latest models continue to offer this to customers while also being easier-to-use and more compact. The included ink supply has also increased to three years’ worth1. There are now more models across the collection, which covers home, home office and small office users. We’ve also expanded into new territory with photo-orientated models, giving even more people freedom to print without worrying about the cost, and specifically print lots of high-quality photos.”
For photo printing (ET-7750/00)
With the capacity to create up to 3,400 photos2 (10x15cm) from the included set of inks, the ET-7750 and ET-7700 are a stress-free option for anyone printing high-quality photos. Thanks to the 5-colour ink system (including a black photo ink), they can deliver photos that can last up to 300 years in a photo album3. There are a number of features that will particularly appeal to photographers and creative types, including an SD card slot, borderless printing, CD/DVD printing, dual paper trays (ET-7700 only) and a 6.8cm LCD display.
All next generation EcoTank printers (ET-7750/00, ET-4750, ET-3750/00, ET-2750/00)
All next generation EcoTank printers are easier to use than ever before and look distinctively different. The ink tank has been moved from the side to the front offering a more compact and sleek aesthetic. This also means it’s simple to see how much ink is left as there’s a visible display.
Underpinning the modified design is an enhanced ink filling system engineered for mess-free refills. At every stage it minimises spills with bottles that are easier to open, easy pour and feature a mechanism that ensures the right tanks are filled with the corresponding colour.
Reducing printing costs by 74% on average4, the EcoTank range delivers an ultra-low cost per page thanks to the included high yield inks and ultra-high-capacity ink tank. These cartridge-free printers also save time as the printer comes with three years’ worth of ink helping the user go much longer between refills1. Ensuring great value long-term, affordable low-cost refill bottles are available across the entire collection, costing from just €8.99 (next generation, 4-colour ink), and each model is backed by an extended three year warranty (upon registration).
Providing users the freedom to print as and when they want, these models offer Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct and a full suite of mobile options for printing photos and documents on the go5. Additionally, Ethernet and Scan-to-Cloud5 are available with a number of models (ET-7750/00, ET-4750, 3750/00).
For home office and small office (ET-4750, ET-3750/00)
For crisp and clear texts, these EcoTank printers use the PrecisonCore printhead and Epson's genuine dye and pigment inks. Across these models there’s double-sided printing and fast print speeds of up to 15ppm6, while specific models also offer larger paper trays, automatic document feeder and fax.
The EcoTank printers ET-2700, ET-2750, ET-3750, ET-4750, ET-7700, ET-7750 are are available from October 2017, priced at £249.99/€289.99, £349.99/€358.74, £449.99/€529.99, £479.99/€559.99, £549.99/€639.99 and £699.99/€819.99 respectively.
|A4 print, scan (1,200 dpi), copy||●||+ A3 printing|
|Front, refillable, high-capacity ink tank and new enhanced intuitive ink bottle||●||●|
|Epson genuine ink included: 5-colours inks||2x sets||2x sets|
|Printhead||Micro Piezo||Micro Piezo|
|Print up to 3,400 (10x15cm) photos2||●||●|
|Print speeds of: mono/colour ppm6||13/10||13/10|
|Fast double-sided printing||●||●|
|Screen/display||6.8 colour LCD||6.8 colour LCD|
|Front tray||1 tray (capable of A4, 10x15 etc)||1 tray (capable of A4, 10x15 etc)|
|Borderless printing and CD-DVD printing||●||●|
|SD card slot, PictBridge||●||●|
|12 month or 30,000 page Epson warranty – or up to 3 years upon registration||●||●|
|Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct||+Ethernet||+Ethernet|
|Print quickly and easily over Wi-Fi from smartphone and tablet PCs with Epson iPrint4||●||●|
|Epson Connect support (Email Print, Remote Print Driver)5||●||●|
|AirPrint & Google Cloud print||●||●|
|A4 print, scan (1,200 dpi), copy||●||●||●||●||+ fax|
|Front, refillable, high-capacity ink tank and new enhanced intuitive ink bottle||●||●||●||●||●|
|Epson genuine ink included: 1 set = 1x pigment black, 3 dye CMY||1x set||1x set +extra black||2x sets||2x sets||2x sets|
|Printhead||Micro Piezo||Micro Piezo||Precision Core||Precision Core||Precision Core|
|Print up to XX,XXX pages in black and colour||7,500/ 6,000 (7)||14,000/ 5,200 (8)||14,000/ 11,200||14,000/ 11,200||14,000/ 11,200|
|Print speeds of: mono/colour ppm (6)||10.5/5||10.5/5||15/8||15/8||15/8|
|Fast double-sided printing||-||●||●||●||●|
|ADF||-||-||-||30 pages||30 pages|
|Screen/display||-||3.7cm LCD||6.1cm LCD||6.1cm LCD||6.1cm touch screen|
|Front tray||-||-||150 sheet tray||150 sheet tray||250 sheet tray|
|SD card slot||-||●||-||-||-|
|12 month or 50,000 page Epson warranty – or up to 3 years upon registration||1year/ 30K||1year/ 30K||1year/ 50K||1year/ 50K||1year/ 50K|
|Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct||●||●||+Ethernet||+Ethernet||+Ethernet|
|Print quickly and easily over Wi-Fi from smartphone and tablet PCs with Epson iPrint5||●||●||●||●||●|
|Epson Connect support (Email Print, Remote Print Driver)5||●||●||+ Scan-to -Cloud||+ Scan-to -Cloud||+ Scan-to -Cloud|
|AirPrint & Google Cloud print||GCP only||●||●||●||●|
2. Quoted yields are extrapolated based on Epson original methodology from the print simulation of Test Patterns provided in ISO/IEC 24712 or 29103. Quoted yields are NOT based on ISO/IEC 24711 or 29102. Quoted yields may vary depending on the images that you are printing, the paper type that you are using, the frequency of your prints and environmental conditions such as temperature. During the initial printer setup, a certain amount of ink is used to fill the print head's nozzles, therefore the yield of the initial bundled set can be lower.
3. Print permanence ratings are based on accelerated testing of prints on specialty media stored in archival sleeves in album storage. Actual print stability will vary according to the media, printed image, display conditions, light intensity, humidity, and atmospheric conditions. Epson does not guarantee longevity of prints.
4. Average number of cartridges/savings for printing the number of pages using the bundled ink bottles with the EcoTank range, including hardware price. Comparison made on the average of the A4 EcoTank range versus the average of the top 10 best-selling models in Western Europe, in the period April 2016 – March 2017, as tracked by GfK. Printing costs calculated on the proportion of Standard and XL cartridges as tracked by GfK for the same reference period for the Western European market, using average retail prices. Ink cartridge yields as communicated by the manufacturer’s websites.
5. Requires a wireless connection to the internet. For more information, supported languages and devices please visit www.epsonconnect.eu
6. Determined in accordance with ISO/IEC 24734 showing the average of ESAT from the Office Category Test for default simplex. For more information visit www.epson.eu/testing
7. Quoted yields are extrapolated based on Epson original methodology from the print simulation of Test Patterns provided in ISO/IEC 24712 based on the replacement ink bottles. Quoted yields are NOT based on ISO/IEC 24711. Quoted yields may vary depending on the images that you are printing, the paper type that you are using, the frequency of your prints and environmental conditions such as temperature. During the initial printer setup, a certain amount of ink is used to fill the print head's nozzles, therefore the yield of the initial bundled set can be lower.
8. Quoted yields are extrapolated based on Epson original methodology from the print simulation of Test Patterns provided in ISO/IEC 24712. Quoted yields are NOT based on ISO/IEC24711. Quoted yields may vary depending on the images that you are printing, the paper type that you are using, the frequency of your prints and environmental conditions such as temperature. During the initial printer setup, a certain amount of ink is used to fill the print head's nozzles, therefore the yield of the initial bundled set can be lower.