Epson’s most intelligent business scanner makes fast, high-volume networked scanning easy
Innovative smart features and a range of security and control options combine to offer fast, reliable network scanning
20 March 2017 – Epson has announced its most intelligent business scanner yet - the WorkForce DS-780N, an interactive sheet-fed touchscreen model with built-in networking to make sharing documents easy, and a host of innovative features to ensure maximum security, control and document-handling versatility.
Fast, high-volume scanning
The DS-780N is designed for high-volume scanning, with a 100-sheet automatic document feeder (ADF), USB 3.0 compatibility, and very fast colour scanning speeds of 45ppm/90ipm at 300dpi. It makes scanning easy with innovative smart features including an industry first slow mode¹ for delicate documents, and double-feed detection skip to permit the scanning of items such as envelopes and documents with Post-it notes. It also features an intuitive colour LCD touchscreen control panel that makes scanning straightforward.
Built-in networking and security features
The DS-780N is the perfect solution for creating a scanner fleet with built-in networking. Epson’s Document Capture Pro software offers complete control and security, allowing job, group, device and access protocols to be managed centrally. The scanner allows user authentication via pin code, third-party IC card or user directory (LDAP), and the control panel is lockable to prevent tampering with the device. Pre-defined job profiles help ensure the correct task is selected, and scans are sent to the right locations.
The DS-780N will alert the administrator if it needs maintenance, and provides detailed usage reports showing clearly which devices are used most, and how many scans they’ve made, to allow effective fleet management.
Danny Gladman, product manager, Epson Europe, says, “Built-in networking is a hugely significant new feature for Epson’s scanner range, and will prove compelling in situations where secure networked scanning is of paramount importance. The DS-780N offers an unprecedented level of control, security and flexibility, not to mention detailed reporting. Combined with smart features such as slow mode and double-feed detection skip, as well as fast speeds and a sizeable ADF, this really is the ideal choice for fast, high-volume document scanning.”
The WorkForce DS-780N is available from 1 May 2017, priced at €849.
- 100-sheet paper ADF capacity
- Fast colour scanning speeds of 45ppm/90ipm at 300dpi
- Single-pass duplex scanning
- Enhanced security features including pin code, IC card and user directory (LDAP) access, central control and a control panel lock to prevent tampering, and ensure jobs are sent to the correct users
- Maintenance and consumables alerts, as well as detailed location and usage reporting
- Scan a wide range of media including business cards and A3 paper between 27 and 413gsm. Long document mode allows scans up to 6096mm
- Auto Scan mode for continuous scanning of documents to create one file
- Double Feed Detection Skip function to scan difficult media like envelopes and documents with Post-it notes by simply disabling the scanner’s detection systems
- Double Feed Detection technology, including paper separation roller system, ultrasonic sensor and paper length detection for ensuring every page gets scanned
- Industry-first Slow Mode for delicate, damaged or difficult to scan documents¹
- Compact to fit in any office environment
- Epson Document Capture Pro 2.0/Document Capture Pro Server
- USB 3.0 for fast connectivity
- Epson Scan 2.0 software for advanced imaging technology: searchable PDF; advanced colour dropout; automatic de-skew; auto page size detection; multi-document size detection; secure PDF; text enhancement; auto area segmentation; punch holes removal; skip blank pages, among others
- Twain, WIA and ISIS driver support for enhanced compatibility with DMS
- Energy-Star compliant
¹ Compared to sheet-fed scanners, within the speed range of 25ppm to 45ppm, based on data from the websites and brochures of the top five best-selling scanner models in EMEA for the full year 2016 according to InfoSource Document Management Scanner Sales Full Year 2016.