Epson’s SurePress L-6534VW in inline combination with GM DC330 digital finishing offers high efficiency in print production.
Digital inkjet label press will be showcased at Labelexpo 2019, Brussels 24 - 27 September, hall 9, stand A50
24 September 2019 - Epson has announced that its latest UV digital inkjet label press now will be able to run inline with GM DC330 finishing. GM and Epson have been working in collaboration over the last decade to refine the workflow in label production. This new inline integration completes the integration, giving the printer the option of running both inline or offline production.
This combination is ideal for label converters looking to expand their operations by offering clients high-quality self-adhesive labels with a wide choice of substrates in sectors including food, beverage, industrial, cosmetic, toiletries and pharmaceuticals.
The SurePress L-6534VW is built to optimise productivity and minimise downtime. Additional print modes of 30m/min and 50m/min offer businesses greater flexibility in delivering print runs without compromising quality. Being able to finish it inline significantly reduces overall production time.
Uffe Nielsen, CEO Grafisk Maskinfabrik, Denmark, comments: “It has been fantastic to see the evolution of the Epson digital presses. The feature of adding digital spot varnish effects and the long-term durability of the press makes it a market leading press. In combination with a GM finishing capable of high production speed we have a highly competitive package.”
Marc Tinkler, head of product marketing, commercial and industrial at Epson Europe, commented: “The addition of GM finishing means we can offer our customers a complete end-to-end high-quality label press solution which can significantly reduce downtime. This has been the missing link we needed for efficient non-stop production of longer runs. In the past decade we have been working closely with GM and are pleased to see our partnership come to fruition with a label press offering that is highly innovative and competitive.”
Other features of the new SurePress L-6534VW include:
- High inline speed with the GM-EPSON combo – up to 50m/min.
- Versatile: supports film and many paper label substrates
- High-quality output: PrecisionCore TFP linehead technology
- High-opacity white ink: uses Epson white ink on metallic and clear substrates
- UV LED pinning: used between colours to minimise the spread of a dot, enabling sharper text and smoother vignettes.
- In-line digital varnish: can be printed to give a gloss or matte effect, either overall or as a pattern or spot varnish
- Print monitoring: The Epson remote monitoring system (ERMS) allows engineers to provide remote diagnostics of print performance
Video link for the GM/Epson finishing line:
SurePress inks comply with the European Framework Regulation (EC No. 1935/2004) on Food Contact Materials (FCM)1. Also, we provide the appropriate levels of durability for outdoor and industrial environments (BS560922 and UL96933 certified).
For further information about Epson at Labelexpo 2019, visit www.epson.eu/labelexpo
The SurePress L-6534VW will be available in October 2019.
2. BS5609 approved. Internationally recognised specification for printed labels, especially for marine use. It is a requirement for drum labels that need international maritime dangerous goods certification. Lightfastness equates to Blue Wool scale 6.
3. UL 969 and CSA Certified. The standard for Marking and Labelling systems.
It refers to self adhesive labels that are used for permanent product identification; typically name plates, for appliance equipment, that include rating information, instructions or schematics.