Epson announces new SureColor SC-F2100 direct-to-garment printer
New printer offers faster, higher-quality printing, with reduced intervention and lower total cost of ownership
19 January 2018– Epson has announced a new direct-to-garment printer, capable of making high-quality full colour prints on a range of items including t-shirts, sweatshirts, polo shirts and tote bags. The SureColor SC-F2100 will replace the existing SC-F2000 model, and offers a host of enhancements and new features including improved speed and reliability, lower targeted TCO and the ability to create your own print designs using Epson’s Garment Creator software.
The SC-F2100 is aimed at anyone who wants to add direct-to-garment printing to their services, including production t-shirt printers, online t-shirt retailers, high and low-volume print companies, as well as corporates who want to produce their own branded workwear or promotional items.
This new DTG printer provides a complete Epson solution including printer, printhead, ink, software and warranty, meaning the user can be assured that all parts have been designed and extensively tested to work optimally together. It offers speedier results than its predecessor, with additional fast print modes and improved ink circulation for quicker start-up, and incorporates improved screening for smoother reproduction of images and a wider gamut than the previous model.
Phil McMullin, sales manager, Epson UK, says, “Our first direct-to-garment printer was a great success, so following it up was always going to be a challenge. With the SC-F2100, however, we’ve managed to improve in every area – it’s faster, higher quality and more versatile, with software that makes it easy for you to create your own unique designs. And all of that is backed up with quicker, easier maintenance and a lower targeted TCO.”
Epson’s versatile Garment Creator utility is available for free with the SC-F2100. The software allows you to add text and multiple images, create user presets for image adjustment, and provides a hot folder and CMYK image support.
The SC-F2100 has an auto-maintenance mode with a separate cleaning cartridge to substantially reduce scheduled maintenance, as well as a dust catcher to prevent fluff and dust on the printhead. It comes with an optional fabric platen grip pad and platen grip tool to make garment placement easier.
The SC-F2100 is available from March 2018.
- PrecisionCore TFP printhead
- CMYKW 5-colour UltraChrome DG inks supplied in 600ml cartridges
- Auto-maintenance with separate cleaning cartridge included in configuration
- Improved ink circulation for quicker start-up
- Additional fast print modes
- White and colour double strike print mode for improved productivity
- Enhanced Garment Creator software allows you to add text and multiple images, and create user presets for image adjustment, as well as offering a hot folder and CMYK image support making the unit easier to use
- Improved screening for smoother reproduction of images and a wider gamut
- Fabric platen grip pad included which can be optionally added to platen for better grip
- Spacers for more accurate platen gap adjustment
- Warning buzzer to alert operators of errors when away from the printer
- Dust catcher to prevent fluff and dust on the printhead improving reliability
- Enhanced control panel offers additional functions and displays more information improving usability
- Platen grip tool included to smooth fabric on platen before printing
- Can print on fabric up to 25mm
- White ink mode, colour ink mode or dual colour depending on set-up
- ECO PASSPORT certification from OEKO-TEX®¹
- One-year warranty and extended warranty available