It is not possible to print CDs using your Epson printer connected via the Apple AirPrint service, whilst the AirPrint driver is installed your Epson printer will not be available for selection in the Epson Print CD application.
No printers available in Epson Print CD
To print CDs you need to install and select the Epson driver in Epson Print CD. Follow the below instructions to do this:
- Select the menu > System Preferences > Print & Fax / Print & Scan.
- Click on your device in the list and your device's details are shown to the right.
- The type of driver being used is shown next to Kind; AirPrint is displayed after the device's name if an AirPrint driver is being used and if the Epson driver is being used, just the device's name is displayed.
Expression Photo XP-850 installed using an AirPrint driver
- If the AirPrint driver is being used, click to remove the AirPrint version of the printer from the printer list.
- Click to add the printer. If the printer browser window does not automatically appear, click Add Other Printer or Scanner....
- Select your device from the list and wait for the fields below to be populated. Ensure the Print Using field displays your device's name without AirPrint mentioned and click Add.
- If there are no options listed without AirPrint mentioned then it's possible that the printer driver for your device has not been installed. Install the printer driver from your software CD or the Epson website, restart your Mac and try again.
- Your device will now be listed twice in the Print & Fax / Print & Scan window and shows the Epson printer driver as the Kind.
Expression Photo XP-850 installed using an Epson driver
Your printer will now be available to select from the Select Printer pull-down list in Epson Print CD.
Back to Top