Next, disable the background programs that run in Windows. One of more of these can conflict with the operations of the printer software, causing the following symptoms:
- The printer does not print.
- The printer only produces part of the print run or partial pages, it does not complete the print job.
- You can print from some, but not all programs.
- Print quality issues.
- Status Monitor does not operate/does not communicate with the printer.
- Printing from the computer is slow.
If printing is slow see article Slow Printing in Windows.
If partial pages are printed see the following article for assistance: When I send a print job to my printer, partial pages are printed or there's incomplete text or image. What can I do?
If you are experiencing any of the other problems listed, disable the Startup Items in the System Configuration Utility (MSConfig). See the following article for assistance: Windows: How to use the System Configuration Utility (MSConfig).
If printing is still not possible, the problem is not related to a conflict with Startup Items or processes. Follow the instructions in the guide to re-enable the Startup Items then proceed to Step 17.
Back to Top