In some cases the Status Monitor listing may be greyed out in the Maintenance (or Utility) section. See the example below:
If the Status Monitor description is grey, this can be caused by the following:
- Bidirectional support has been disabled.
- Status Monitor has been disabled in the printer driver.
- Status Monitor has not been installed, or has not installed correctly.
Status Monitor is a bidirectional module that checks the status of the printer and displays the ink levels. As a bidirectional module it requires bidirectional support to be enabled, otherwise it will stop Status Monitor from communicating with the printer and reporting back information such as the printer status and estimated ink cartridge ink levels.
- Check that bidirectional support is enabled.
- Open the Printers folder as described in Step 1.
Right-click the printer icon and left-click on Properties (If on Windows 7 left-click Printer Properties).
- In the printer Properties, click the Ports tab.
- Check if a tick is beside the option 'Enable bidirectional support'.
- If it is not ticked, then bidirectional support is disabled. To enable it, click into the box beside Enable bidirectional support, then click Apply to save the setting. Click OK and then restart the computer. Once restarted check Status Monitor and attempt to print again.
Back to Top