Many printer drivers, utilities and applications are available to download free of charge from the support pages of the Epson UK website. This article explains how to navigate the Epson website to locate and download them for your product. If your product is not listed on the UK website please refer to the Europe website.
- Open the Epson UK support homepage by clicking on the following link: http://www.epson.co.uk/support. Alternatively, go to www.epson.co.uk and click on SUPPORT.
- Under Find support for any product, enter the name of your Epson product. You can enter this in full or just use the unique part of the model name, e.g. SX415.
Example: Epson Stylus SX415
As you type, the webpage will suggest one or more product matches. Click on the correct product from the list of alternatives.
- If your product doesn't appear when you type it in, check that you haven't mis-typed it and try again - check the Epson name on your product.
- If it still doesn't appear, it may be that your particular product is not listed on the website at this time. Instead, you can check if a driver is available on our European website. See Downloading from the Epson Europe website for information.
- The Drivers & Support page will open. The webpage will automatically recognise your operating system, e.g. Windows 7 64-bit:
Example: the Epson Stylus SX415 and Windows 7 64-bit.
If the operating system shown is not correct, or you wish to find or download software for a different operating system, click on the drop-down menu and select the one you require.
If you're not sure exactly which version you have, see one of the following Related Articles for help or refer to your computer's documentation:
The available options may include some or all of the following:
We recommend that you download and install everything under this heading, but the following are required as a minimum to use your product with a computer:
Printers: you will need to download and install the Driver.
Scanners: you will need to download and install Epson Scan.
All-In-Ones: you will need to download both Epson Scan and the Driver. It is important to ensure that you install Epson Scan first.
- Creativity Software, Other Software, ICC Profiles
These contain optional utilities and supporting files to help you get the most out of your product, but are generally not required to use it. For more information refer to your product's documentation.
- Network Utilities
If you intend to use your product on a network, we recommend downloading and installing all listed network utilities. Otherwise, your product may lack important functionality when networked.
Under Online Support & Manuals you can also access product guides (Downloadable Manuals), view Frequently Asked Questions and search for further help.
- To proceed, click on the Download button corresponding to the file you want to download:
If you are using an All-In-One, download Epson Scan, then return to download the Driver:
- If prompted to Run, Save or Cancel, click Save.
- With later operating systems / web browsers you may get the below bar instead of the above, click the arrow next to Save and then click Save as.
This screen applies to Internet Explorer only. If you are using another browser, select the option to save the file to the desktop, if available. In some browsers, your download may automatically be directed to a pre-selected folder.
- You can now choose where you want to save the file. You can also rename it if you wish. Make sure that you save the file in a location where you'll be able to find it easily - we recommend choosing your desktop. If you're going to download multiple items, to avoid confusion later we recommend renaming each file, for example to epson_scan and epson_printer_driver.
Click Save and the file will start to download.
- Once the download is complete, the software can be installed. If you do not need to download further files and wish to install it immediately, you can click Run. Otherwise, Close the download window.
To install your software after closing the download window, browse to the location where you downloaded the file, e.g. your desktop. Double-click on the file to begin the installation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install your software. For further help, refer to the Related Articles section of this page and your product's documentation.
All Epson software is checked for viruses and potential errors. As such any files downloaded from the Epson site should be regarded as coming from a trusted source.
If you receive a warning advising that the publisher could not be verified, confirm that the name of the file in the warning is the Epson file you downloaded, then continue with the installation.
If your product is not listed on the UK website, please visit our European support website. Click here to open the Epson Europe Support portal, or open your Internet browser and type the following URL into the address box: http://esupport.epson-europe.com/en-EU