If you have not downloaded the Epson driverA> and do not have the CD-ROM, download and install it from the Epson Support website. Follow the guidance below:
- Locate the file you downloaded. Double-click on the icon for the file. If the file is a .sit file it will extract the file.
- Some drivers will have a .pkg installer, others will have a VISE installer. Double-click on the file. If the Authenticate dialogue appears, enter your Mac account Name and Password, then click OK.
The illustration below gives 'EPSON' as an example, but you will need to enter your own username and password.
- Read through the license agreement carefully. Click Accept to continue.
- The Installer appears. Select Easy Install, and then click Install. The installation starts, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Power on the printer. If you are using your printer via USB or FireWire, plug the data cable into a free port on the computer and connect it to the port on the printer.
The example below shows a printer connected via a USB cable
If you will use the printer wirelessly, e.g. with an Epson print server, you do not need to connect the printer to the computer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. When complete, Quit the installer and restart the Mac.
- If you encounter any problems installing the printer driver, search the Epson Knowledge Base for a solution. You can also find further information in your reference guide available from the Drivers & Software section of the Epson Support website.