Follow the steps below to uninstall an Epson printer driver from Windows 7.
- Start with the printer powered on and connected to the computer.
- Open the Devices and Printers folder. Check for and cancel any queued documents for all installed Epson printers. For help with this step see How to check the driver and print queue status in Windows 7.
If you have more than one icon for your Epson printer model(s), repeat this procedure for any duplicate drivers.
- Power off the printer and disconnect the data cable.
- To uninstall the printer driver click the Start icon usually located at the bottom left-hand corner of the screen, and then select Epson Printer Software Uninstall.
- Alternatively you can also uninstall the printer by going to Control Panel, Programs and Features. Select EPSON Printer Software and click Uninstall/Change.
- Click on your printer and click OK to uninstall.
Click Continue if you receive a Windows permission request to "Uninstall or change an application".
- Click Yes when prompted to confirm that you want to delete the selected printer:
- You will then see the message below. Click Yes.
- Next, click Yes when asked if you wish to remove your personal settings.
- You will then see confirmation that the printer has been deleted and another printer has been set up as a default. If there is no other printer installed this will usually be the 'Microsoft XPS Document Writer'.
- You will then see confirmation that the uninstall is complete. Click OK.
- Make sure that your printer is still powered off and disconnected from the computer. Next, restart your computer by clicking Start, then the arrow button at the bottom of the menu, and then Shut Down.
- Once the computer has restarted, the uninstall process is complete.
- If you need to reinstall the printer driver, do so using either the original CD-ROM (if the product was released after mid-2007) or the latest and recommended drivers from the Epson Support website.
- For more information see "Epson and Windows 7" in the Related Articles section.
Back to Top